Wednesday 20 December 2017

Neutral Christmas Holiday Home Tour: The Dining Room

My neutral Christmas dining room has lots of mixed metals, mercury glass, and glitter, which looks great with my moody blue walls. Next step in our holiday home tour in 3…2…1…

Hi folks! Back again this week to take you on a tour of the dining room, simple but decked out for Christmas. I’ve already covered for you the entryway and kitchen on Monday, and the living room will be later this week!

Christmas dining room decor with copper mugs

If you’ve been around this blog for a while, then you know that even getting to decorate for the holidays is kind of a new goal realized. As I mentioned Monday, my family did Christmas early because of travel schedules, so the pressure was on for me to get all of the shopping and decorating done ahead of the holiday. On the bright side, that added stress had the house done in time to edit and show all of these photos before Christmas — so win-win, right?

dining room Christmas table with copper accents

There have been many times with half-painted cabinet doors in my dining room or an air compressor in my living room where I never thought I would get to this point. Just to show you that reality isn’t exactly in my rear view mirror just yet, here’s the dining room just a week ago:

couch sideways in the dining room corner

My old couch is awaiting its future with a new owner, but this is not exactly conducive to hosting a party. K and I managed to squeeze just enough free space in the garage for it, so it looked a little less cramped.

small dividing wall between living and dining rooms

My point is, simply, that I felt a real sense of excitement this year with being able to have my family over and enjoy the house with me. I’m still trying to figure out just what to paint on that white canvas, so if you have some ideas, please share.

dining room decorated for Christmas

Tableseting closeup: I really love my copper mugs. Pretty much any copper accent. I re-used the leaf chargers from my fall decor but REALLY regret not buying a second set of four. I scoured my local Homegoods and TJ Maxx already, but it was no use. If you happen to see another set when you go to yours, please let me know! I’d love to grab them.

nicole miller confetti plates

The glittery copper plates are also from Homegoods; Nicole Miller is the brand. Aren’t they pretty? I learned my lesson though and definitely got enough! I plan on re-using them at my small New Years party, too.

I snapped all of these photos just as my family arrived through the front door. Thank god they are used to me taking pictures of everything around me and are pretty good sports. I’m really hoping that they’re going to love that bit of overkill someday, when we’re all wishing we’d captured them (or they’ll just remember my shutterbug habits with an annoyed fondness… either/or).

my first year hosting Christmas dinner

The living room decor will be the last stop on the house tour, along with a separate post about the actual recap of the dinner. If only because I can’t resist from posting lots of pictures from all six of our crazy dogs…

Stella at Christmas

This week’s posting schedule is kind of topsy-turvy with extra posts because it’s just raining photos over here, so you’re in luck if you want to keep on scrolling. I’ll have a new cross stitch pattern for you tomorrow and a few more posts this weekend in an effort to get it all posted.

Phew. Christmas is crazy packed this year! What’s still on your to-do list?

Related: plywood wood art and wine rack

diy wine rack from plywood and wooden dowels

You'll Also Love

‘Twas the Night Before Christmas (The Ugly D...
Glitter Lace Napkin Rings
Day After Christmas Shopping
Photo Highlights from Christmas

The post Neutral Christmas Holiday Home Tour: The Dining Room appeared first on The Ugly Duckling House.



from The Ugly Duckling House https://www.uglyducklinghouse.com/neutral-christmas-dining-room-holiday-home-tour/

No comments:

Post a Comment