Monday 30 April 2018

5 Woodworking Projects for Beginners (Blog Swap with Sawdust 2 Stitches)

Hi friends! Hope your Monday is going well. Today, I’m over at my friend Corey’s blog, Sawdust 2 Stitches, sharing some of my favorite projects. And below, she’s doing the same. Basically, it’s a good ol’ fashioned blog swap! If you’ve never seen this happen before, it’s something bloggers used to do a TON back in blogging’s earlier days when things like Pinterest and Instagram were but a twinkling in the internet’s eye. It sounded like fun to bring this back every now and then (it feels a lot like introducing friends at a party; “friends, meet Corey; Corey meet my awesome friends!”), so I hope you enjoy! She’s got some amazing projects to share. <3


Hey All! This is Corey from Sawdust 2 Stitches, and I am thrilled to be working with our gal Sarah. I have gotten to know Ms. Ugly Duckling in real life, and man is she just as awesome in person as she comes across online! She pretty much does it ALL, and I freaking love that! Me? I tend to stick to what I know, and what I know is building. So today I thought I would share with you 5 small builds that I love. These are easy enough for a beginner builder, but even a seasoned builder will love the look of these little beauties.

1.The Bracket Shelf

Let’s start with the simplest one I’ve got… this build includes literally 6 cuts ! Don’t own a saw? I bet if you ask someone at your local home improvement store they would be happy to help. (Or begrudgingly. You just never know. But most of the time they are happy to do it. Just be ready to explain what you are making, they always want to know. :) Anyways if you have limited power tools, this Bracket Shelf is the build for you!

2.Target Cubbies

Here who likes Target?! I am assuming you all just mentally raised your hand. If so, this one might seem familiar. A few seasons ago Target had a very similar piece, but it ran a cool $50. Which isn’t awful but when you can make it for a little over $10, it seems like highway robbery. Am I right ? You can whip up this knock off in an afternoon using only saw and some wood glue! ( I used a nail gun, but it’s totally doable with just wood glue if you are the patient type… I am not.) Get the build plans here.

3.Farmhouse Tray

If you feel like you are getting the basics down, try to start including dowel rods, they take a basic build to the next level! I added a dowel rod in lieu of a straight edge board and it makes this a little less DIY and a little more Home Goods! I use this little Farmhouse Tray Caddy for every thing, and it makes a great gift!

4. Long Table Tray

If you liked the last project you are going to love this. It’s the mac daddy, big brother to the farmhouse tray. I whipped this one up to use as a Tray Table Runner for table scapes!

5. Wall Organizer

Alright, I feel that once you have conquered basic straight cuts, the next logical addition to your building knowledge arsenal is angles. This is a functional project that introduces you to angles in small baby steps! But look at that beauty. This thing makes my morning sane. I hang up my kids clothes the night before, toss their socks and shoes in their bins, in the morning they just grab their stuff and go! So, do you want to make your school mornings a little less chaotic?

You can start by clicking here for the build plans.

There you have it folks, a few basic builds that will get you started, or if you already know your way around the shop, these builds are still mighty pretty to look at!

Thanks so much for having me. I loved stopping by and sharing a bit of what I do. If you are looking for more advanced builds, or even full room makeovers I’ve got those too. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Take Luck,
Corey

The post 5 Woodworking Projects for Beginners (Blog Swap with Sawdust 2 Stitches) appeared first on Ugly Duckling House.

You'll Also Love

Introducing: Love Create Celebrate


from Ugly Duckling House https://www.uglyducklinghouse.com/5-woodworking-projects-for-beginners-blog-swap-with-sawdust-2-stitches/

No comments:

Post a Comment