Friday 24 August 2018

5 Modern (and Totally Doable) Woodworking Projects to Tackle This Fall

Happy Friday, friends! As you guys have seen in prior months, I’ve been featuring a few of my favorite bloggers about once a month for a blog swap. It’s something kinda “old school” that bloggers used to do back in the day (pre- Pinterest and Instagram) to help bloggers and readers find each other and get more inspiration. We’re bringing it back with this series in 2018! Today, I’m over on Stacy from Not Just a Housewife’s blog (whom I’m sure some of you know and love already) sharing a few highlights from my DIY past. And that means Stacy is over here today to share some of her favorites. She is AMAZING and sweet and I hope you’ll love these projects of hers! Take it away, Stacy:


5 Modern Woodworking Projects to Consider While the Weather’s Still Warm

Hello UDH readers! I am so thrilled to be visiting today. Sarah is such a kick butt DIYer and I am lucky to have met her several times in real life.

I live in Utah and I share the journey of fixing up our 1938 home. My blog is full of budget friendly DIY projects, decorating ideas, gardening, and family life. Sarah and I both share a love of building things so I thought I would share some of favorite builds with you today.

L Shaped Beds

I’m a mom to four boys and I recently gave both boy bedrooms a complete overhaul including building new beds for them all. This mountain themed room is long and narrow so to make the most of this space, I built the beds in an L shape with storage underneath.

Sliding Planter Wall

This spring I installed a paver patio. I wanted a way to hide the electrical boxes on the back of our house that would still allow me to access them when needed. I built this sliding wall.

Floating Bathroom Shelves

Gutting a bathroom is a dirty job, and while it is fun in its own way, the really fun stuff is in the finishing details. I built floating shelves for above the toilet for added storage. I love how the whole bathroom turned out, especially the sliding mirror!

Outdoor Chairs

We have lived at this house for 11 years and last year I finally got around to building chairs for the fire pit. Now we don’t have to haul out the dining room chairs every time we want a fire! These are really easy to build too.

Modern Planter

I am a crazy plant lady. I have an obsession with buying plants. With each new plant, the hunt for the perfect planter begins. A lot of the time I end up making the planter because I have a specific look in mind. This slatted planter is super easy to build! I recently did a round up of my favorite 15 DIY planters from my blog.

DIY Bench

My front door leads directly into our family room. I needed to create the feel of an entry way in a tiny space. I built this bench and it works perfectly!

Thanks for letting me share today. I would love it if you checked out my site. I have been working all summer on a makeover on the exterior of our house that I will be sharing soon. Our basement is our next big project after that. Lots of fun things will be popping up on the blog and I’d love for you to follow along!

The post 5 Modern (and Totally Doable) Woodworking Projects to Tackle This Fall appeared first on Ugly Duckling House.

More Where That Came From

5 Woodworking Projects for Beginners (Blog Swap wi...
Introducing: Love Create Celebrate
Triangle Tea Light Holders
Scrap Wood Outdoor Bench Seat | DIY garden bench p...


from Ugly Duckling House https://www.uglyducklinghouse.com/5-modern-woodworking-projects/

No comments:

Post a Comment